
We have had 2 bikes stolen from our garage. It's a sad day. Brad noticed Helen's bike was missing last week and we have been searching for it and have our neighbors on the look out for it. She is so upset. We can't figure out when it was taken out of our garage.
Then on Friday, Brad was getting ready for the Daddy Daughter Camp out and was going to take his and Mary's bikes and let the girls share when he noticed his bike was missing too! His was hanging on the wall and I guess we just didn't notice it was gone when we noticed Helen's was gone. The thing is, we never leave our garage up unless we are home and going in and out. I am really vigilant about it not being up when I am home alone with the kids and they come in through the garage after school but immediately close it behind them. I just can't figure out when someone could have grabbed the bikes. Helen's was down on the ground but they had to wade through some bags of dirt and fertilizer and Brad's golf clubs and other debris to get to Brad's bike on the wall. And Mary's bike which is exactly the same as Helen's only yellow not silver wasn't touched and neither was my bike and Griffin's bike. It's a mystery!
Brad is especially bummed because his bike was from when we first got married and were rich and he could afford a $2,000 bike. Now we are kid poor and if we had $2,000 we would get the girls braces not Brad a bike. So, it is a day of mourning at our house but we will live see another day and hopefully be able to replace Helen's bike when Brad gets a job! Keep your fingers crossed!!!
Then on Friday, Brad was getting ready for the Daddy Daughter Camp out and was going to take his and Mary's bikes and let the girls share when he noticed his bike was missing too! His was hanging on the wall and I guess we just didn't notice it was gone when we noticed Helen's was gone. The thing is, we never leave our garage up unless we are home and going in and out. I am really vigilant about it not being up when I am home alone with the kids and they come in through the garage after school but immediately close it behind them. I just can't figure out when someone could have grabbed the bikes. Helen's was down on the ground but they had to wade through some bags of dirt and fertilizer and Brad's golf clubs and other debris to get to Brad's bike on the wall. And Mary's bike which is exactly the same as Helen's only yellow not silver wasn't touched and neither was my bike and Griffin's bike. It's a mystery!
Brad is especially bummed because his bike was from when we first got married and were rich and he could afford a $2,000 bike. Now we are kid poor and if we had $2,000 we would get the girls braces not Brad a bike. So, it is a day of mourning at our house but we will live see another day and hopefully be able to replace Helen's bike when Brad gets a job! Keep your fingers crossed!!!

OK that sucks glad I was not there when brad found his missing too. I am sure he was not a happy camper. Ty got his stolen in our back yard when we lived in Phx. That is not fun!
ReplyDeleteThat's awful!! I thought our neighborhood was great. Maybe it is too quiet here.
ReplyDeleteSo sorry about the bikes. I'll have to be more aware. :(
Bummer! I guess you better move to Flagstaff where that would never happen! Ha Ha.
ReplyDeleteWow! I will have to be more careful about keeping our garage closed. That is so lame!
ReplyDeletePoor Helen, Are we excepting funds for a new bike?
ReplyDeleteYes, we are accepting all offers for funding of the new bike
ReplyDeletebummer I sure hope the bikes are returned!
ReplyDelete