4.05.2009

April General Conference


Wow! I loved it! I know I was listening carefully for what would touch me most. From the start with Elder Hales telling us about provident living to the end with President Monson telling us to go to the temple so we can find peace and a strengthened resolve to keep the commandments I was completely inspired and filled with the spirit. I noticed how much the talks emphasized that we could be happy in our adversity. No one promised if you kept the commandments all your problems would be solved, no one said things would turn around soon and all would be well, no, the talks just told us that we needed to be happy, we have to choose to be happy because that's what God wants for us.

Some Quotes I Loved:

Fear Not, be of Good Cheer, The Future is as Bright as your Faith.

Personal Righteousness is a CHOICE!

Nourished with Testimony and Watered with Faith.

You can't be a Lifesaver by looking like all the others on the beach.

After your 'spiritual virtual tour' of your home do you need a few home improvements or an Extreme Home Makeover?

Historical patterns show the cycle of Righteousness followed by Prosperity followed by Material Comforts followed by Greed followed by Pride followed by Wickedness and a Collapse of Morality. All this is found within the pages of Old Testament, New Testament and Book of Mormon. Does it sound familiar?

No matter how difficult the journey our destination is Paradise!

Do your children know that you KNOW?

Your are never lost when you can see the temple.

Protect the formal, proper language of prayer by using Thee, Thou, Thy and Thine to show humility.

Missionaries are underutilized teachers, they spend too much time finding instead of teaching, we need to find so these servants of God can TEACH.

Fear and Faith cannot coexist! Does your faith exceed your doubt and disbelief?

We Get what we Focus On Consistently!!

6 destructive D's:
Doubt;
Discouragement;
Distraction;
Lack of Diligence;
Disobedience;
Disbelief
all these lead to our Spiritual Destruction!

There is a difference between church-attending, tithe-paying members who occasionally rush in to the temple to go through a session and those members who faithfully and consistently worship in the temple.

We don't acquire Eternal Life in a Sprint, this is a race of Endurance




Any favorites you want to share with me?


3 comments:

  1. I love all the quotes! I still have two more tivoed that I have to get to. You must have been a good note-taker in school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. From priesthood session:

    As a husband and a father, there is no other priority greater in life than your family.

    ReplyDelete