4.22.2010

Earth Day Brace Face

What have you done to beautify the world today?  Mary got her brackets on today!  Oral surgery---check.  Butterfly spacer--check!  Finally the brackets on---check!!!  It's been a fun process but now we are down to the every 2 week check-ups until her stubborn tooth comes down into place and then life will be good.  Happy Earth Day Mary!!

before...
after...

3 comments:

  1. Siena was in pain for about a week, but is better now. How's Mary?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oy, we went through that with both kids--oral surgery for Jordan (impacted canines--had to hook chains to them and "pull" them down), palate expanders for both, braces for both. It's tough to watch them have to deal with all of that (I well remember having been a brace-face myself.) But, I guess if the end result is they have nice teeth and lined up jaws, etc., it's worth it. Mary looks really cute with her colorful elastics--I know that's always a high point, getting to pick out the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary is really hating it tonight. She has had tylenol and advil and is still sore. I told her to just go to bed and see how it feels tomorrow. Soup and protein shakes for that girl!

    ReplyDelete