We have some friends who are getting married today--yeah Kristin and Shelby--and my parents offered to watch my children so we wouldn't have to get a babysitter for 8 hours for the wedding and reception which is in Scottsdale. So, last night I dropped off my children with my parents in Camp Verde--a little over 1/2 way to Flag but my parents had so much snow it was better they didn't have to go all the way to Cordes Junction.So here me and Brad are--childless for the first time in about 2 years and we are really going to party it up with dinner and a movie and maybe a little romance when I got home at 7:30. I just needed to check the laundry since I washed all the bedding from our bed and it sometimes gets bunched up in the dryer and doesn't dry. As I pulled out the white sheets and mattress pad I noticed A-LOT of red. Yes RED CRAYON!!! Red Crayon. RED SWEAR WORD CRAYON!!!! When the sheets were thrown downstairs they must have picked up a red crayon off the floor and saved it for the drying process. So now our dryer had melted crayon all over it and so do the sheets. UGH!! I had a load of clothes in the washer which we were able to take over to our friends for some laundry service and then we went and got some dinner and came back home to party.

1st--Taking apart the dryer. Luckily Brad is super handy and he was able to take it apart so we could get into it to remove the crayon with the crayon.com recommended WD-40 which worked great!
2nd--Clean the dryer. Let's just say there was a lot of lint build up which required lots of vacuuming and wiping down. Next we had to really wipe down the barrel of the dryer with 409 to get rid of all the oil residue from the WD-40 so the next load wasn't covered in oil.
3rd--Putting the dryer back together. Lots of fun but luckily the Internet had detailed instructions on how to take it apart and how to put it back together.
4th--Getting the ReD CrAyON out of my sheets. We went online and found a secret recipe--tide-borax-white vinegar-shout. Just equal parts of each and put it on as hot as your clothes can handle it! I was skeptical but--miracle of miracles-after 2 washes--no more red crayon! Hallelujah!!!
5th--get rid of every crayon in the entire house! I swear Satan created them. I hate them. They ruin walls, carpet and romantic nights for 2!
By now it was 1:30 a.m. and we still had no sheets for our bed so we did what any self respecting parents who were dead tired would do-- we slept in the kid's twin beds. We had had a fantastic time on our 1st night alone in 2 years! Aren't you jealous?!?
So Jealous!
ReplyDeletewow.....i'm so jealous....isn't married life with kids GRAND???????????? UGH!!!!! HOpe the next day was better!!!
ReplyDeletetrea
Ah, the joys of parenthood!
ReplyDeleteThat is hilarious and really sad!
ReplyDelete