5.14.2009

Puppet Theater Fieldtrip

Griffin's class had a field trip to the Puppet Theater a couple of weeks ago. It was one of the few I volunteered to go on because most of the time I can't find a sitter for Lewis. and no babies/toddlers are allowed! This time I had someone to watch him so I got to go. It was fun. The play was Peter Rabbit. Not a single word was spoken, it was all done to music and was fantastic. Griffin and all the other Kindergartners were mesmerized! They hardly moved except to try to see better.

After the play they had different areas where the kids could go. First they got to see what was backstage Then they saw the puppet museum with all different kinds of puppets
Next they learned what the different kinds of puppets are, hand puppets, stick puppets, finger puppets, etc.
Our group ended with the making puppets station. It was lots of fun and the kids were really creative in what they made.
We ended the day with lunch at a park and some wiggle removing playing. It was only 95 outside so the kids were able to run around and play on all the equipment. I am really glad I got to go on this field trip with Griffin, he was so happy to have me there!

2 comments:

  1. OK so you must be on vacation or something cause you have not posted anything for a few days. We will be comming home june 20th so I might just barley miss you, we fly back to dallas on the 3rd of July! When do you come back from Idaho?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun field trip. I wish they had done that when Siena was little.

    ReplyDelete