12.07.2008

Sprinkles Cupcakes

While we were in Newport Beach I happened across a Sprinkles Cupcake store


I've heard about it but never been in one so I thought I'd see what all the fuss was about! I got 6 cupcakes and the cost, a mere $20. Yeah, 6 cupcakes for 20 bucks. What the ........? Ok, obviously a one time deal for me as I am calculating that a box of cake mix is 89 cents and it makes 24 cupcakes so for 20 bucks I could make about 480 cupcakes. Granted these are big cupcakes so maybe only 240 cupcakes but you get the idea!!!

Since it was a one time shot, I thought I'd document the cupcakes. They do have nice boxes and bags and fancy stickers and such. I got 2 dark chocolate, 2 peanut butter chocolate, 1 black and white and 1 chocolate marshmallow. Marshmallow was my favorite hands down! Dark Chocolate came in second.


So here they are for all to see. The one with the red dot is the marshmallow, the white frosting is the black and white, brown frosting is peanut butter and chocolate frosting is dark chocolate. The were delish but let's get real!!!

3 comments:

  1. Your trip sounds like so much fun!!
    Did you share those cupcakes with the kids? If so, you are a good mom. I would have picked up some at Wal-Mart for them.
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those cup cakes were not that great, at least not $3.30+ great. You can make better cupcakes any day hands down.

    ReplyDelete