11.05.2008

Halloween Happiness

We had a fantastic Halloween. We had a school carnival the Friday before where we got lots of treats at all the booths. Then I bid on stuff for the silent auction and won some tickets to the Wildlife World Zoo and a month of Little Gym fun for Lewis, so it was a score.

On Wednesday, we had our ward Trunk-or-Treat which Brad and I were in charge of. We served hotdogs and homemade rootbeer for everyone. It was a huge success. We served 20 gallons of rootbeer along with 15 gallons of water--since it was still in the 80's outside we had some heavy drinkers. We bought 380 hotdogs which everyone thought would be wayyyyy tooooo many and only had 12 leftover. The missionaires threw themselves on their sword and took the leftovers off our hands! The kids went around to all the cars multiple times---we just have them go till the candy run's out--and we had so much candy we didn't need any more for Halloween but....

We headed Flag to Grammy and Pap's for Halloween. They give out full size/king size candy bars. Their house is well known because you don't just knock and go, you do something. Mostly it was singing, the ABC's, Twinkle Twinkle, etc. There were a few magic tricks and even some dancing. You gotta work for those candy bars! Since Halloween was on Friday we had people from 4 to 9:30 ringing the doorbell. I have no idea how much candy my parents went through but it was alot! Aleksia and Brax came to Grammy and Paps to trick or treat with my kids and they hit so many houses they had to come dump their bags to go out longer. It was also unseasonably warm so they didn't even have to cover their cute costumes with coats or anything!



The best costume award went to Brax. He was a leprechaun. Amie did an awesome job. He was 'sitting' on a pot of gold. The pot kept his legs warm underneath and the fake legs fooled my dad and many others, my dad said "I didn't realize how little his legs were!" It was a good fake out!

Check out their blog
for the before and after pictures.

2 comments:

  1. Cute costumes! I'm so jealous of the 80 degree weather you had to go trick or treating in...darn that! I don't think i've ever had a Halloween where I didn't have to wear my coat...it was always on and always ruined the costume.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like you scored on the candy! I love the leprechaun! Very cool!

    ReplyDelete