10.01.2009

Blast from Mission Past

Ladies and Gentlemen please check out this post from an old friend and his legendary mission tie. He kindly posted this at my request and even dug up a picture of us from way back when. Amazingly we look exactly the same!

I have to add that I lost/misplaced the tie and thought I'd given it to DI or something but this summer I found it in my dad's closet at the cabin. I was yelling "SWEET!!! NO FREAKING WAY! IT'S HERE!! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT! WOW, THIS IS AWESOME!!!! HARV IS GOING TO BE SOOO HAPPY!" My kids rushed in and were a little bummed I was so excited over a tie but once you read the story you will know why I was so thrilled! Enjoy it!

3 comments:

  1. That is so funny and so gross!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome! I had a an ugly brown suit - 100% wool. Bought it for £5 in an Oxfam shop in Coleraine Northen Irleand. I had to pay to have the zipper replaced because it was rusted closed. Coleraine was my first area. I soon began to wear the suit everyday and it became known as the ugly brown tracting suit. I began collecting ugly brown ties form all the missionaries to go with the suit. I would usually wear a differnt suit on Sundays and to zone conferences etc. When I got called to be an assistant the president said I was not allowed to wear the smelly brown suit anymore. But I kept it and when I hit the two year mark I was training a greenie back in Coleraine again and We went out and burnt the entire suit to celebrate two years. I had to put mineral spirits on the suit to get it to light on fire. It was so battle worn and dirty that it was almost fireproof! Im gonna have to dig out some photos now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well the tie wasn't really that gross, it just smelled like a Black township. :)

    ReplyDelete