Here in the valley of the sun we have been pretending it is fall since it has only been 100-102 this past week, lookin for 90's next week. So to get in the mood, I got some fall decorations out and hung up some new ones in the kitchen/dining room. There are metal pumpkins by the front door and we are ready to go. Fall is here!!
In light of the cooler temperatures, ;> Lewis and I went to the Wildlife World Zoo on Friday. It is only 5 miles from our house as opposed to 25 miles to the Phx Zoo which is much nicer when you gotta be back for nap time in 2 hours. We saw Lions, and Tigers and Ducks, oh my! Guess what was the favorite? Yep, that would be the ducks! One little duck followed us around for about 15 minutes which made Lewy very happy. He also loved the reptile house because the crocodiles were all right up against the glass and Lewis loved touching their noses and saying no, no. (He can do eyes, ears, hair, mouth and nose now!)
I have also failed to mention how happy we were to see the backside of August. It wasn't the best month for us. Lewis and Griffin both had double ear infections; Griffin missed 5 of the first 10 days of school. Then I had this little cough that I just couldn't shake and wham--walking pneumonia. Sweet. Brad got himself a pinched sciatic nerve in his back and then he made the mistake of saying "I wish I'd have had a kidney stone instead, at least that pain goes away." And wham--3 days later--kidney stone. Be careful what you wish for!!!! And yes, the pinched nerve is still with us 6 weeks later :<
The girls are in choir now and are singing all the time. It is great! We love to hear their beautiful voices. My biggest problem is I keep forgetting I have to go get Griffin off the bus when they stay after because kindergartners can't get off the bus without an older sibling or parent. Luckily Helen--bless her heart--calls me from school every week to remind me! What a sweetie!
No comments:
Post a Comment